EM125J is a fast analogue random number module intended for high-speed
FPGA solutions. The noise source is Johnson resistor noise. The circuit
may need extra shielding in some applications.
There is no processor included in the circuit. We can optionally
include a processing unit, including software, or we can provide
a software for your existing processor/FPGA. Due to the high speed
of the module, the output in an actual application is often CPU limited.
The price tag is for a license solution, where the customer supply
all components, mount the components and download software to
We include reasonable schematics and also a layout. For adjustments
and customer specific software we add a fee for the development time.
If it is easy to specify, or include, the embedded processing software
into your application, we will do so with no extra fee.
With a paid order volume above 50.000 units, the licence is free.
The paid license may be applied to several of your products,
but is restricted to a single customer.
- Drive voltage: 3.3V(-5%) up to 5.0V(+10%)
- Power supply: Filtered
- Input current: 40 mA
- Noise source: Thermodynamic noise (Johnson noise)
- Output: Analogue output (Z<0.2 kOhms) Normal output voltage.
- Speed: 12 Mbits/s
- PCB: Two layers
- Shielding: Shielding box necessary or recommended + Ground Plane
- Processing: No processing included in circuit. Software may be run on
host processor or a microcontroller may be used. Speed often CPU limited.
- Component Availability: very good; multi source on all components