EM043C is a small random number module that includes a processor to
facilitate easy integration into your project. The output is conveniently
formatted according to your specification including serial port,
SPI (master or slave unit), or I2C. Parallel output is also possible
using a handshake protocol. Pins may tri-state when not in active use. Test pins may optionally be included for analogue noise signal, digital sampled unprocessed random numbers, logic self-test signal, or a combination of these.
The price tag is for a license solution, where the customer supply
all components, mount the components and download software to
We include schematics and also a layout. For adjustments
and customer specific software we add a fee for the development time.
The binary and the software source code is included.
The paid license may be applied to several products, but is restricted to a single customer.
- Drive voltage: 3.0V(-5%) up to 5.0V(+10%)
- Power supply: Filtered
- Input current: 17 mA
- Noise source: Thermodynamic noise (Johnson noise)
- Output: 8 bit parallel/handshake or serial
port (UART/SPI/I2C) (one or several ports)
CMOS output or resistor pull low/pull high
- Speed: 50 kbits/s
- PCB: Two layers
- Shielding: Shielding box necessary or recommended. We can provide you with a suitable shielding box on tape.
- Processing: Micro controller included in circuit. Processing using user-selectable operating mode.
- Component Availability: Very good; multi source on all components except the CPU, where only a few alternatives exist.