The EM0310V is the circuit that we use in the TRNG9803 unit for PC serial ports. It exploit the high voltage of the port using a voltage multiplier to feed a hole mounted random number source. There is no processor included in the circuit. We can optionally include a processing unit including software, or we can provide a software for your existing processor. The software included with the TRNG9803 can be used, but for an embedded solution we have a simpler software that better match with an embedded solution.
The price tag is for a license solution, where the customer mount the components and download software to processor(s). The random number source is included; delivered as tested units on tape (not surface-mount). Only the random-number source is sourced by us, all other components is supplied by (and paid by) the customer. We include schematics and also a layout. For adjustments and customer specific software, we add a fee for the development time. If it is easy to specify, or include, the embedded processing software into your application, we will do so at no extra fee.
The supplied picture is from the TRNG9803. Kindly note the reference mark in the middle; the exact layout needs to be reworked, that we include at no extra fee, taking your specific X/Y ratio of board space into account.
The paid license may be applied to several of your products, but is restricted to a single customer.
- Drive voltage: 8V-16V
- Power supply: Internal switched supply, Voltage multiplier
- Input current: About 20 mA
- Noise source: Hole mount diode (Tested)
- Output: Asynchronous square-wave with CMOS drive to input voltage
- Speed: About 100 kbits/s
- PCB: One layer and a single trace on another layer
- Shielding: Ground Plane (20V/m safe for 30MHz-1000MHz range)
- ESD: Mild requirements. HBM safe.
- Processing: No processing included in circuit. Software may be run on host processor or a micro controller may be used.
- Component Availability: very good; multi source on all components