EM043J is a small random number module intended for a
microcontroller with an analogue amplifier. The noise source is
Johnson resistor noise. The circuit may need extra shielding
in some applications.
There is no processor included in the circuit. We can optionally
include a processing unit, including software, or we can provide
a software for your existing processor.
The price tag is for a license solution, where the customer supply
all components, mount the components and download software to
We include reasonable schematics and also a layout. For adjustments
and customer specific software we add a fee for the development time.
If it is easy to specify, or include, the embedded processing software
into your application, we will do so with no extra fee.
With a paid order volume above 50.000 units, the licence is free.
The paid license may be applied to several of your products,
but is restricted to a single customer.
- Drive voltage: 2.5V(-5%) up to 5.0V(+10%)
- Power supply: Filtered
- Input current: 0.35 mA up to 0.53 mA (drive voltage dependent)
- Noise source: Thermodynamic noise (Johnson noise)
- Output: Analogue output (Z<1.0 kOhms), Low output voltage.
- Speed: 80 kbits/s
- PCB: Two layers
- Shielding: Shielding box necessary or recommended + Ground Plane
- Processing: No processing included in circuit. Software may be run on
host processor or a microcontroller may be used.
- Component Availability: very good; multi source on all components